Associate Professor, Department of Humanities, York University (Toronto, Canada)
Affiliate: European Studies Program, Canadian Centre for German and European Studies, and RGTTC (Research Group on Translation and Transcultural Contact)
Member of the Graduate Programs in Humanities, Translation Studies, and Communication and Culture
and the GTA-based Fashion Research Group
Past-President and websysadmin: Canadian Comparative Literature Association
HUMA 6500 Advanced Practices and Methodologies in Humanities Research (FS16 – Mon 5:30pm – 8.30pm, RN 814)
HUMA/ ENG/ TRANS 6157 Comparative and World Literature Seminar: History and Practice (FS16 – Tues 18:00 – 21:00pm, Glendon YH A222)
– 14-17 Dec 16: “Berlin vs. Vienna: Towards a Comparative Ecology of Urban Chic”, Crossroads in Cultural Studies, Sydney
– 20-22 Nov 16: “Lacis as a Multilingual Ecology”, CRLCC International Conference on Language and Culture Contact, Glendon, Toronto
– 13-14 Oct 16: “From Rationing to Ravishing: The Refashioning of Vancouver Circa 1948”, The Concept of Vancouver, Brock
– 22-24 Sept 16: “Bowie After Berlin, Berlin After Bowie”, David Bowie Interart/ Text/ Media Conference, Lisbon, Portugal
– “Creative Thinking on the Conwy: Translated Memories of a Contested Transitional Space,” TranscUlturAl 8.1 (2016): 134-140.
– Urban Chic Series Editor: Katrina Sark and Sara Danièle Bélanger-Michaud, Montréal Chic: A Locational History of Vienna Fashion. Bristol: Intellect Books, 2016.
– “Faking Translation in Hallstatt: A Visit to Hallstatt Revisited 1″ (with Markus Reisenleitner).” TranscUlturAl: A Journal of Translation and Cultural Studies. 6.1 (2014). http://ejournals.library.ualberta.ca/index.php/TC/article/view/23323.
– “Perceived Peripherality and Place Images: The City, the Region, the Border.” Imaginations: Journal of Cross-Cultural Image Studies • Revue d’études interculturelles de l’image. 5.1 (2014).
Last updated: 7 Sept 16