Associate Professor, Department of Humanities, York University (Toronto, Canada)
Affiliate: European Studies Program, Canadian Centre for German and European Studies, and RGTTC (Research Group on Translation and Transcultural Contact)
Member of the Graduate Programs in Humanities, Translation Studies, and Communication and Culture
and the GTA-based Fashion Research Group
Past-President and websysadmin: Canadian Comparative Literature Association
HUMA 4180 Europe à la mode: Fashion and the Critical Methodogies of European Studies (SS1 – MW 11:30-2:30, RS 101)
HUMA 6500 Advanced Practices and Methodologies in Humanities Research (FS16 – Mon 5:30pm – 8.30pm, RN 814)
HUMA/ ENG/ TRANS 6157 Comparative and World Literature Seminar: History and Practice (FS16 – Tues 18:00 – 21:00pm, Glendon YH A222)
– 6-9 July 17: “Revisioning Red Vienna: Banking and Beer in Michael Riebl’s Planet Ottakring”, ACLA, Utrecht
– 27 May 17: CCL(x): “Re-Viewing Comparative Literature: Issues of Scholarship and Publishing in the Contemporary Conjuncture,” Ryerson, to be followed by the CCLA (28-30 May 17)
– 15-17 May 17: “From Rationing to Ravishing: Crossing Lines in Vancouver”, “Lives Outside the Lines: Gender and Genre in the Americas, A Symposium in Honour of Marlene Kadar,” IABA Americas Conference, York
– 11-14 May 17: “Losangelization, Vancouverization, and the Locations of Global Luxury”, Nouveau Reach Conference, Ryerson
– 12-15 April 16: ““Doing a Dov”: Los Angelization American Apparel-style”, PCA, San Diego
– “Before Sunrise: A Transmedial Cultural Translation of Vienna.” Translation and Translating in German Studies: A Festschrift for Raleigh Whitinger. Eds. John L. Plews and Diana Spokiene. Waterloo: Wilfrid Laurier Press, 2016. 189-202.
– “Nostalgia as Litmus Test for Themed Spaces.” A Reader in Themed Spaces. Ed. Scott A. Lukas. Pittsburgh, PA: Carnegie Mellon: ETC Press, 2016, 39-44.
– “Creative Thinking on the Conwy: Translated Memories of a Contested Transitional Space,” TranscUlturAl 8.1 (2016): 134-140.
– Urban Chic Series Editor: Katrina Sark and Sara Danièle Bélanger-Michaud, Montréal Chic: A Locational History of Vienna Fashion. Bristol: Intellect Books, 2016.
– “Anna/ Asja Lacis and the Multilinguality of the Other.” Kulturas Krustpunkti 8 (2015): 24-37.
Last updated: 1 July 17